“This institution is an equal opportunity Provider & Employer”
If you are searching for a career in child care, please give us a call at (714) 530-7263 or e-mail us at email@example.com
O.C. Kids does not discriminate in the provisions of its services to persons with disabilities, including but not limited to children with food allergies in all O.C. Kids’ programs. Parents or guardians who have children with disabilities (as defined under the Americans with Disability Act) may request reasonable modifications from O.C. Kids.
Unless a parent or guardian’s request for modifications amounts to a fundamental alteration of the program or is not in compliance with federal, state, or local laws, O.C. Kids will make reasonable modifications to its policies, practices, and procedures where necessary to afford its goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations to children with disabilities, including children who have food allergies that constitute a disability under the ADA. In instances where state or local laws conflict with the ADA, O.C. Kids will fully comply with the ADA. O.C. Kids will make individualized determinations based on the specific facts of each request and will not apply a general prohibition against providing particular types of reasonable modifications.
A request for reasonable modifications from parents or guardians of children with disabilities shall be made in writing or verbally to the facility Director. Upon receiving such requests, the facility Director shall:
- Initiate a discussion with the parent or guardian to determine whether the child has a disability for which he or she needs modification of O.C. Kids policies, practices, and procedures and to explore what modification(s) may be available
- Make a request for medical documentation relating to the child’s disability and any necessary modification(s) as recommended by the child’s healthcare provider
- Make a determination to see if such request(s) for modifications amounts to a fundamental alteration of the existing program
- Make an individualized determination based on the specific facts of each request and will not apply a general prohibition against providing particular types of reasonable modification(s)
- Either Grant or Deny the request. If the request is denied, O.C. Kids will document each reason for the denial of the request and retain any and all documents pertaining to the request for a reasonable period
- O.C. Kids will make a good faith effort to provide a response to the request for modification, in writing, within seven (7) days from the date the request is received. Any denial will be made in writing to the parent or guardian